Be Prepared – Know your First Aid Kit
One of our aims at Parachute First Aid is to do all the hard work for you; finding the best First Aid products available and helping you tailor them to your lifestyle.
We love seeing each kit go out to a new home/car/bach/workplace or backpack, knowing that we are setting people up with the tools to deal with first aid situations if they arise.
With a Pharmacy degree and experience in extreme adventure health & safety, I think First Aid is cool. Now I’m not sure how to pass this love onto the rest of New Zealand but I do hope that all of our customers will take the time to ‘know’ their first aid.
This means more than just having an idea of where your kit is located.
- What’s in your kit? Have certain items been used since you last checked?
- Do you know how to use the contents? Get familiar with what’s there.
- Read the information leaflet in advance. In an emergency you’ll be pleased you did.
- Consider training. We’ve got a great list of independent first aid trainers for all situations.
- Think about any certain requirements you might need –
Antihistamines? Cardiac medications? Diabetes medications?